This is a tutorial of Basic Android development. In this tutorial, we will be covering the following topics,
- Setting up development environment
- Start with a “Hello world!” application
- Finally develop a “Group chat” application
Android has been going through many patent issues right from the day, or even before it got introduced to general public! Lets have look at some of them:
- On August 12, 2010: Oracle sued Google over claimed infringement of copyrights and patents related to the Java programming language.
Details: Oracle originally sought damages up to $6.1 billion, but this valuation was rejected by a federal judge who asked Oracle to revise the estimate. In response, Google submitted multiple lines of defense, counterclaiming that Android did not infringe on Oracle’s patents or copyright, that Oracle’s patents were invalid, and several other defenses. They said that Android is based on Apache Harmony, a clean room implementation of the Java class libraries, and an independently developed virtual machine called Dalvik.
In May 2012 the jury in this case found that Google did not infringe on Oracle’s patents, and the trial judge ruled that the structure of the Java APIs used by Google was not copyrightable.
Further details about the courts judgement Here
- On October 2011: Microsoft has also sued several manufacturers of Android devices for patent infringement, and collects patent licensing fees from others
Details: Microsoft said they had signed license agreements with ten Android device manufacturers, accounting for 55% of worldwide revenue for Android devices. These include Samsung and HTC.
- And Now: Next Patent Challenge Comes From Nokia, Further details Here
have a look here, you will know.
-Very fast Startup, U must have noticed, it hardly took 5 secs!
-More informative system apps like copy, taskManager
-And many more
-No driver support presently
-It doesn’t come with .Net activated. Many apps need it and if your behind some Proxy, Its really a pain in the ass. I had spent a lot of time to get it working!
-Photos, Reader and other windows apps are not smooth
-Windows apps eats up a lot of resources.
Any queries please post. Will try to get back with an answer asap.
– Awesome Look
– In-built firewall for,
-Data usage control of each app
-Call spamming control
-SMS spamming control
-Awesome In-built Music player with lyrics support
-In-built Full screen caller Id support
-Highly customization in themes
-In built Proxy support -(to certain extent)
-Updates every Friday!!
-And many more
-Worse battery life
-Discharges as u see when in use
-Deep sleep works great! So can last longer, may be a day, If used only to answer and make calls
Hope you guys like this effort. Thumbs up if you do.
Any clarifications please comment, I will get asap.
Rescurrection V9.7 Remix ICS :: The ROM is really stable for daily usage. Battery life good. Equivalent to 2.3.6 stock update or even more. Everything working perfectly. No broken apps. Better than the stock ICS update.
Rescurrection V1.0Pro Remix ICS :: The ROM is claimed to be better than v9.7 by the dev but I personally feel it isnot. Battery life is not great compared to v9.7, Thats probably because deep sleep is not working well !!. Here is a snap, you may check out. http://home.iitb.ac.in/~praveendath92/icsv1.0.jpg
Both of them are good. No broken apps. I have a googleplay download problem in v1.0Pro. I would recommend v9.7 for now.Hope this is helpful to you.
- Different effect when scrolling reaches the end
- Camera has a snap animation
- Battery life improved greatly
- System power saving option added where ur processor is clocked down and UI rendenring and all change. This settings results in lag but saves power
- Lag reduced to a great extent when compared to the previous version
- Gallery app opens fast irrespective of the number of media items
- Looping of home screens
- Video can now be played even in Portrait mode
- 3 new In-built apps. Music hub, Digilezen, Samsung MMM
- A demo full HD video to show of your Super Amoled Display
- Browser tabs animation changed
- Video editing options like trim in the video player itself
- While playing video we can just drag anywhere on the screen to fastforward or backward.
- Now u can set da bluetooth device visibility time setting and dere is an for setting it to never!!
Above are the differences I personally noticed by comparing S2s with 2.3.3 and 2.3.6 side by side. Hope this is helpful for all those who like to upgrade.
**The ICS upgrade for galaxy s2 is now available. Stable, fast, power saving. You may take a look here.
ICS for Galaxy S2, I’m sure you would like it. Don’t forget to thumbs up if you do. Thank you.
P.S.: The upgrade is not available in India presently.
I’m so glad.My php script is working hw it should…I would like share that code so that some1 else can use it !
- Get a PHP server running.Here I explain it for XAMPP and WAMP om windows.
- Download PHP-Mailer (they also have other php software for easy form-to-email).
- Go to your C:xampplitehtdocs folder (in XAMPP) or C:wampwww folder (in WAMP), and extract the PHP Mailer into it. I’ll call this folder Root from now on.
- Now go to Root, and create a php file say email.php
- Now you shall have to do some minor editing. Don’t worry, its majorly minor. Just change the Emails to your send and receiver, and type your password. Here’s what mine almost looks like. Almost. Thats not the password. … I think.