Start a hotspot on your PC without any 3rd party software installation just with 2 commands!
This approach will start the hotspot instantaneously unlike connectify
Not a fan of commands? – worry not. I made the commands into a setup file for you. Of course this kills the purpose of this post but what the heck. The intention is to make it quick, minimal and simple after all.
- Super simple:
- Command way:
- Open command prompt with admin rights. (press start button and search for ‘cmd’, right click and ‘run as administartor’)
- To create hotspot, use: ‘netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=<hotspotName> key=<hotspotPassword> keyUsage=persistent’
- Then to start hotspot, use: ‘netsh wlan start hostednetwork’
- Enable Internet sharing to hotspot
- Network and sharing center
- Right click on your LAN network –> Properties –> Sharing
- Check “allow other network users to use this comp. internet”
- Select your hotspot as the sharing enabled network
That’s it! No need of any 3rd party software which may slow down your PC. If this method fails I recommend you to try ‘WiFi hotspot creator’, light and simple before going back to ‘Connectify’. Hope that helps