The below mentioned steps would let you use Paranoid Android style multiwindow on your device, ofcourse with your stock or any other ROM. I mean you don’t need to change to Paranoid Android based ROM. I prefer that because the stock ROM in Nexus 10 has greater stability over any other ROMS.
- You need an app which can handle notifications, like Halo in Paranoid Android, and opens requested apps in a small window. There a couple of apps which can do this thing. Here are a few to nameHalo))) – Modified (I use this)
- The above apps can trigger a script, assuming it’s in place, to open an app in a small window. So, for it to work you need to install,XHaloFloatingWindow
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2419287Just install this app and go to the next step
- The XHaloFloatingWindow can’t work by itself, i.e., to say, it can’t install the required scripts into the system partition by itself. It needs Xposed framework to do this. So, we also need to install Xposed framework for this.Xposed framework
- Download XposedFramework Installer. You won’t be able to install this.
- Use root explorer and put in /system/apps/ folder
- Reboot you device
- Download XHaloFloatingWindow and install it
- Now go to XposedInstaller app -> Modules and check XHaloFloatingWindow
- Install any one of the 3 apps mentioned in part 1 of Details section and ….
Voila, Paranoid Android floating windows for your ROM.
On 8th Sep., 2014. Due to high volume (well, about 2000!) of spam generated by this post. Comments are closed. If you have a genuine question, write to the author.